Thursday 3 May 2012

Welcome to My Saving Space Blog


It has taken several years of planning, thinking and organising but I have finally decided to buy my first home. I have previously lived in rented accommodation and started to look around at the housing market and view properties that are currently available and within my budget.

One thing that did surprise me is what you get for your money. I suddenly realised how my current home could easily house the contents of Ikea, compared to what I will be purchasing. I know that I am not alone in this thinking. A lot of couples downsize when children move out, or they relocate to a holiday villa or simply buy a smaller house in a more convenient location. Comprising on space over postcode can dictate the size of house you will be purchasing. 

This blog looks at how to save space within the home as well as home interiors and will also list my experiences of purchasing a home and the different types of homes out there depending on your lifestyle and situations.
One of the key ways I found helped with space is looking how existing furniture can be adapted to save space such as folding beds and sliding wardrobe door solutions.

No comments:

Post a Comment